Good Management Practices - GMP
Good Management Practice (GMP) has been defined by a number of industry groups and accepted by Environmental Canterbury in the Industry Good Management Practice Guide. A Summary Poster is also available.
Other useful industry specific resources have been developed to help achieve good management practices. These can be viewed below.
- Horticulture NZ - Code of Practice for Nutrient Management and Erosion and Sediment Control Guidelines for Vegetable Production
- DairyNZ - Good Management Practice guide
- Other DairyNZ recources cover a large range of topics including:-
- DairyNZ - Reviewing your Wintering System guide
- Foundation for Arable Research (FAR) provide resources, events and workshops for farmers
- A general guide is available here (pdf)
Sheep and Beef
- Beef + Lamb - Land and Environment Plan Toolkit
- The Spreadmark Code of Practice - for the placement of fertiliser in New Zealand